Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Henrietta’s Kitchen – Opentable.com’s Appetite Stimulus Package

I met two friends for dinner at Henrietta’s Kitchen on Friday night. DC1 was there when I arrived. We check in and tell the hostess that we are still waiting for DC2. I like this new trend that I have encountered the last few times I’ve gone out where they ask if you want to wait or be seated right away. Friendly waiter brought menus and water. The entire regular menu is available for opentable.com’s Appetite Stimulus Package.

I order a martini. They have regular Bombay. DC1 gets a glass of wine and DC2 gets a Jim Beam with Diet Coke. My drink is very good, very dry with a twist. My appetizer was the crab cake (it was presented as a crab cake with corn chowder on the appetizer section of the menu but it came with the side that was listed with the crab cake entrée. A cole slaw of some kind and a lot of tartar sauce. It was OK, nothing too special. The spinach salad that Helen and Gayle got looked much better. Very large, nice amount of bacon and a light vinaigrette dressing. DC2 and I got the duck and DC1 got the salmon. The duck was probably the winner of the night. A breast and a leg, nicely cooked and plenty to take home. I got Yukon Gold mashed potatoes as my side. Also plenty to take home. Desserts were the biggest disappointment of the night. I got the apple and blueberry pie. The blueberry and apple were fine but the crust was kind of hard, not flakey. I didn’t take any of that home. DC2 was disappointed with her chocolate bread pudding but DC1 was happy with her tart. The cappuchino was good but not very hot.

Overall, the food had more disappointments than I would have liked. Service was quite good except at the end of the night when we had to wait more than a few minutes for change.

No comments: