Friday, January 23, 2009

Manhattan #2

With apologies to Forest at 52 Martinis, this manhattan was procured at repeat visit to Marliave. We had already agreed to celebrate the inauguration there. This particular manhattan was made with Gentleman Jim. Stronger than rye, but doesn't have that bite on the first sip or two that Maker's Mark has. I wasn't jumping up and down about the level of service I got; not at all like the first visit. What are you going to do? Return on Monday nights or not go back are the two options we came up with. I got the mussels. Decent enough, the broth was a bit bland, the bread was good.





For a little color, here's the picture of my friend's Bombay Sapphire cosmo.













2 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

mmm yes please!

Forest said...

no apologies necessary! :) I love checking out posts and pics of cocktails!