Saturday, June 6, 2009

Manhattan (number...whatever)


This manhattan was procured at the Ashmont Grille in Dorchester (right across from Ashmont T station).  The bartender did get a half glazed over look when I inquired about non-blended ryes but recovered enough to reply they didn't have any before I could move on to the bourbon questions.  Oddly, he said Baker and then stopped.  Would I like a taste?  That's what is known as a rhetorical question.  I wondered if there were no others but since I'd never had Baker's, I thought I give it a shot.  It was very strong.  

My friend got the white pear sangria and promptly returned it saying it left a bad aftertaste in her mouth.  
Bartender was very helpful with suggestions for appetizers.  We got chicken satay with cucumber salad and artichoke spinach dip.  The satay was fine; the cucumbers were thinly sliced (instead of diced) and were a little soggy; the spinach artichoke dip was not memorable for any reason.  Total for the night was $38 plus tip.  

No comments: