Sunday, September 6, 2009

What I bought at Wally's and what I did with it

Happier subject - food. Here's what I bought at Wally's in Maine.


Corn - delicious. Potatoes - ditto. Purple pepper - ever even seen a purple pepper before. It smelled very much like a green pepper but was much milder in flavor. I roasted it and put in on a crusty piece of bread.

Tomato - very good but no dicernable difference in flavor from the one I bought at Lambert's. The basil and mozzarella in the salad are from Lamberts. Just a little Ken's Steak House Balsamic & Basil Vinaigrette on it.



2 comments:

Forest said...

I've never seen a purple pepper until this week either, when I ran across one in a little market stall at a brunch bakery here. Are they something new - or have we just been blind to them all this time?

Manhattans in Boston said...

I've not seen them in my usual haunts and I do look at peppers often since I like red, yellow and orange very much; the greens, not so much.