Friday, April 30, 2010

Franklin Cafe Southie (Chef Ramsey has left the building)


I've been wanting to go to this place for quite a while so when some friends were visiting from NYC, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. We got a bunch of tapas and one hamburger. Pizza never should have been brought to the table as it was burned. Hamburger was stacked way to high to get a normal sized mouth around. One dish was crazy salty, another had no flavor (sorry, it's been about a month since we went so I don't recollect specifics of what we had but none of it made me swoon.

The drink was a their version of a manhattan - pretty mild and not cold!

Because this place has such a good reputation (place was packed by 7 pm on a Monday night), I will give it another try but that's it.

1 comment:

Forest said...

that sounds like an incredibly frustrating visit! I have to wonder when people do something like bring out an obviously burnt pizza (or any dish). Do they just hope the customer's not going to notice?! Are they in a hurry and just either hope? or don't care?

Well, hopefully they'll come up with something better on the 2nd visit...but it sounds like there were a lot of things a bit off, so I'd pretty skeptical about it. good luck!