Sunday, March 28, 2010

25 and another close but not perfect replica of the Southern Manhattan

This 4 year old girl in the dishwasher had a bad reaction to flea medicine and has some bald spots around her neck and back but she's as sweet as can be. She'll be with me for about 4 weeks and hopefully will have all her fur back by then.




















The manhattan is another attempt at the Southern Manhattan: Woodford Reserve (last of the bottle) and Southern Comfort substituted for the vermouth. One of the recipes I got for this drink included cherry juice but I didn't have any so I just added a bit of the lingonberry syrup from Ikea. I have to say it wasn't bad and the color was gorgeous.

1 comment:

Forest said...

I seem to remember commenting that I'd have a martini with the next cat to mark the occassion with you...which is perfect because i was just thinking i was going to make a stop at the store on the way home to pick up some G-vine gin because i was in the mood for a martini made with it tonight. (but, ha ha...don't know who i'm kidding, it's not that hard to convince me to have a martini)

She is an adorable little kitty!