Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Manhattan #3

This manhattan was procured at Olivadi in Norwood Center. I took the commuter rail down to Norwood to meet a friend. Olivadi was right near the train station. The bartender, Brian, was very efficient. This perfect manhattan was made with Sazerac and it was delicious. The bar was busy for a Wednesday night but still what I'd consider quiet. No pictures of the cheese and italian meat plate or the light fixtures - both were fantastic. Yeah, I admit it...I get the drink in front of me and all else goes out the window. Nice bar menu for food and we were told that we could order off the full menu if we wanted to. The restaurant was pretty empty but as I was tryng to find the bathroom, I started to walk into the private dining room. Yes, it was occupied but I don't think they noticed me. Probably seats 12 if anyone cares to know.

2 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Nice!

How come every time I visit your blog I want to go out and get sloppy drunk?

Manhattans in Boston said...

Bella, I'm sorry but you simple cannot be a sloppy drunk if you have a drink in a martini glass; it's simply not allowed - I did it once or twice and got into much trouble. And as my friend Matthew tells me, he has never seen anyone who can milk a cocktail as long as I can.

Forest over at 52 Martinis is to be greatly admired for her capacity. Me, I'm just a girl who knows her limits.