Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Orleans, Somerville

I keep forgetting to take pictures of the drinks until I'm almost done with them but wanted to write a post about this. No, it's not because it was so great. It wasn't. My manhattan with Maker's Mark was OK. Deer in the headlights look from the bartender when I inquired about unblended rye. General feeling I got: inexperience. My friend said her mojito was made with sugar instead of simple syrup. The food was mediocre at best. Oh, who am I kidding, the food was pretty close to dreadful. We got the scallops appetizer. They were the only good thing we got. Nicely carmelized but the puree that came with them. I thought it was squash or sweet potato because it was orange but it tasted so dreadful, I couldn't decide what it was. We split the gnocchi and didn't finish it or take the leftovers home. So sad.

They do have very comfy big couches and the windows were open (it was actually one of the nice nights in June) which we retired to after we finished eating.

No comments: