Thursday, December 18, 2008

Interview me

That Damn Ex Pat sent me this:

Here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

And here are her questions and my answers:

You are a new blogger. Introduce yourself to me in five sentences or less.

Am I introducing myself to impress or so you get to know me (two very different things)? I like run on sentences and parenthetical comments so I can go on for days and days (but for purposes of this exercise, I’ll play it straight). I am over educated and under employed. I bought my first home last year; OK, it's a condo but still .... I love manhattans and hats. So if you don’t count the opening question, this is my fifth and grammatically correct sentence (and that should tell you something too).


If you could go back would you change anything about your life? Explain.

There is really only one thing in my life that I truly regret and wish I could go back and do differently. Sure, there are moments when I wish I hadn’t quit this or that job (but then look at all the good things that happened because I did) and there are lots of moments when I wish I hadn’t left California (case in point, we are going to get 10-12 inches of snow in Boston tomorrow but I like living in a city and am not ready to give up my public transportation just yet). So here goes. I was dating this guy named Brian and, to put it delicately, there were performance issues. We had more or less stopped seeing each other for maybe six months and out of the blue, I get a call from him at work one afternoon. The usual chit chat ensues and he wants to see me. Sure. What I didn’t mention was that I was moving the next week (new phone number – those were the days before cell phones and your phone number changed if you moved to a different city) and I was quitting my job that week (another new phone number). Thing is, I liked this guy and feel badly about what I did to this day. And thanks so much for reminding me; I haven’t thought about him for a while.


What is the one thing you love the most about yourself?

Tenacity

What is the one thing you like the least about yourself.

I was going to say impertience but I think of that as a good quality so I'll say impatience.

If you had to eat just one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?

Italian

1 comment:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Hmm I just realized we are more alike than I thought.
Good job on the interview!