Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A minor victory

I got two cats in the bed last night. 18, Gordo, Whitey, Decker (on the right) - I still haven't landed on a name but those are some of the possibilities - lets me pick him up so I carry him to the bed while I read the newspaper. He jumps down pretty quickly but then climbs up all by himself and stays somewhere in the vicinity of my knees. 19, Flaco, The Skinny One, Black - the other one - stands at the door to the bedroom and assesses the situation and goes under the bed. I'm up and down a couple of times and 18 stays put. Eventually 19 must have gone back to their box because when I peak in there, there he is. And I'm able to grab him. I take him to bed and put him right next to his brother so he can see that nothing has happened to him. Right off the bed he goes. Five minutes or so pass and he jumps up all on his own too. Keeps a steady eye on me. Stays mostly down at the end but eventually moves up to bite his brother's tail. I'm able to get in an out of bed a few times without causing him to flee. They eventually both exit and I go to sleep, feeling like I've accomplished something.



2 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

awww such cute kitties! I have a feeling you might like Miss Kitty's blog. I have it on my blog roll, it's called Educated and poor.
She has about a million cats!

Sharon Kugler said...

You foster needy cats? AND you leave nice comments on a stranger's humble blog? How very cool! Thanks.