Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ricky Nelson Mandela's first snow at my house




He finally got a name. The boys were originally named Nelson and Millhouse by ARL but I wasn't too sure about those until Millhouse got sick and Nelson's true personality came out. Millhouse was tormented by Nelson and was too sick to defend himself. This was really awful to watch one morning when I put down some wet food and Millhouse nibbled a bit before getting hissed at and smacked with paws with still uncut claws. Didn't move an inch. Two dishes - sounds simple and logical but no matter what dish Millhouse went to, Nelson would attack. I did grab him and held him on my lap with the second dish but he really was intent on going after his brother. Millhouse's condition didn't improve and I finally got him back to ARL. Nelson, meanwhile, was becoming friendlier and nicer and I was feeling guilty about sticking him with this name. So ended up with Ricky Nelson (because he's so cute as you can see in the side by side comparison) Mandela (because I'm trying to convince him that he is a peace loving cat).








No comments: