Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Soup, mmm (part 2)

Here's what I'm cooking - pasta fagioli. I usually make this with cannellini beans but this time I tried it with kidney beans. I either didn't use enough beans or used to much of everything else because the ratios seemed wrong. I want at least one bean in every spoonful. But nothing to be done about it - I'm not soaking more beans overnight and adding them; that just wouldn't work. And the tomatoes - ehh - not the greatest. Still the soup was good. I had doubts about my stock this go round because it seemed a little cloudy but it seemed fine. One picture is of soup, one is of soup with cheese and cookbook (OK, sorry, I bought a camera, I started a blog. What did you think was going to happen?) - James McNair's Soup. He has a whole series - soup, fish, pizza, pasta, chicken, more. The recipes I've tried are fantastic; some are way over the top ingredients wise (for me anyway). The photography by Patricia Brabent is fantastic. She makes you want to cook and eat everything.




2 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Pasta fagioli is big here. I of course love it!

Bella@That damn expat said...

Hey there. I have your interview set up. Email me at maladroit19@gmail.com to get the questions.