Friday, March 20, 2009

Soup, mmm (part 8)

The decision is still out on this one. But I finally go to make the potato sorrel soup from James McNair's Soup book. The most interesting thing about this is the photo - notice the heart-shaped item - don't even know how I got this effect but it looks pretty cool. I'm assuming it's the reflection from the light and slant of the camera.

Not knowing what sorrel tasted like before I made the soup, I have to assume that the somewhat tart/bitter flavor I got was correct and just not so much to my liking. This flavor was not overwhelming. The swirl on the side is the tomato paste/creme fraiche blend. It was interesting and I would like to find something else to try it on.



Here's the recipe, if anyone wants to try it. If you click on it, it will get bigger and readable.

No comments: