Monday, March 16, 2009

What the heck is that (or my trip to Russo's and the strange and wonderful things I found there)

Buddha's Hand was, by far, the most unusual item I saw. I'll get back to you (and Russo's to purchase) as soon as I find out how to use them for something other than a centerpiece.


Bitter melons from both China and India are not shaped like melons that I am familiar with. But then again, melons I'm familiar with are not bitter.

Another item I wasn't familiar with was lemon plums. Any one have any ideas?


Nothing unusual here. Just the beauty of a bakery counter.


And a shot of the plants.

Prices at Russo's overall seemed reasonable. I was a bit surprised that they didn't have more local produce but it's probably still early for New England grown produce. Russo's is a bit of a drive for me so it won't be a weekly trip but will definitely be back. We went at 11 am on Saturday which added to the overwhelmed feeling I had. Shoppers, as crowded as it was, were polite. Staff was very helpful. They had to go to the back to get me some sorrel. More on that after I make the potato sorrel soup that I have been dying to try for several years but for the fact that I could never find sorrel.

2 comments:

Forest said...

I've been away awhile so catching up on my blog reading and when I first opened this up and saw some of the pics of the edibles...i thought you must have taken a trip somewhere abroad! (then of course I read the fine print of "products of the usa") No idea what to do with the lemon plums...but cool pictures!

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat money[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known methods to build an income online.