Monday, November 23, 2009

Martini glasses (a little bit of heaven)

Glass on the left if a nice, properly sized 4 ounce glass. I got two at a little store called Re Enhabit at 112 State Street in Portsmouth, NH. They were only $4 each.

I have quite a few of the big gulp sized glasses so why do I need more? Notice the line about one inch below the top of the larger glass. (Notice Wendy and Ayman in front of the Eiffel Tower in the photo. They just had a baby girl, Lilah.) This glass might just be the greatest invention ever. This is a double thick plastic glass with ice between the plastic so you can stick the glass in the freezer. It's supposed to keep your drink cold and let me tell you, this really works. My friends compliment me (at least I take it as a compliment) that I can nurse a drink longer than anyone. So in bars and restaurant my drinks tend to get room temperature long before I am finished. So when I saw these last summer, I didn't buy them. I couldn't remember the name of the store I saw them in so was quite relieved when I saw LeRoux Kitchen at 23 Market Street within 10 minutes of hitting downtown Portsmouth (site is under construction at time of this entry). These are 5.99 each and so worth the price. Look how frosty this glass looks.

Don't forget - New Hampshire is tax free!

2 comments:

Forest said...

cute! i have some shot glasses like that you can add water, stick in the freezer and have ice glasses. I'm not much of a shot drinker, so I've actually never used them....but I keep thinking I'll come up with something fun to do with them!

Manhattans in Boston said...

Not the right glass but you could do flights of martinis and experiment with different additives or proportions. Boiler makers?