Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Green Street Grille, Cambridge


I've only been to Green Street Grill, Cambridge once before. I had a very good time but apparently my date didn't as I never heard from him again. You know that things are going to be good when you see all the cocktail glasses lined up and chilling. Bartenders here have a good reputation and one in particular is quite fetching. Sadly, when I asked the bartender who was serving us about some drinks, he informed us that he just started working here but could tell me about the drinks based on the ingredients. They have several drinks with rye, both Old Overholt and Rittenhouse. I don't remember the ingredients of the Creole and it's not on the menu online so apologies for the lapse. The Creole was a rather mild tasting drink (rye will do that); nothing remarkable or horrible about the concoction. My friend seemed pleased with her Mojito.

We ordered the chicken lobster croquettes which came with a salsa dressing and the bacon cheeseburger which we asked to split.. The croquettes were fried to a perfect color and texture. Unfortunately, there was not much lobster or flavor to them.


The cheeseburger, on the other hand, was very good. The cute bartender explained to us when it was served that he asked them to put it on two buns. So we got individual buns with decent sized burgers, a good amount of cheese, lettuce and tomato and two very long, perfectly cooked slices of bacon on each. The coleslaw was decent, the home made chips were flavorless. Overall the experience was a good one and we will most likely return.



2 comments:

Forest said...

yes, gotta love the cold glasses!

I'm really liking the look of the croquettes, too bad there wasn't a lot of lobster flavor. (the picture is killing me...because I'm an hour away from lunchtime but it's making me very hungry already!) I hate croquettes that come all oily/mushy/badly fried...so good to know someone is frying them up right!

and, I really appreciate the nice split on the burgers...i think it's great when a restaurants lets you easily share. It's not that i'm cheap and don't want to pay for a whole plate, but it just seems a waste to order two when one will do.

Manhattans in Boston said...

I'll forgive them for the meh croquettes because everything else was so lovely. I have probably only seen people chill glasses in a couple of places which is disappointing. How hard is putting iced water in a glass?