Sunday, August 9, 2009

The reality or the 2nd scariest thing I've done lately


It started out as a hole the size of a switch plate, then two holes the size of switch plates. Then Fredy, the contractor, came over last week and cut a hole large enough to walk through (with a bit of maneuvering). Here's what's on the other side.


All told the space will end up being 15' by 8' if we include what is now the hallway. It will not have that much usable space because of the pitched roof but I am convinced and he agrees that this can be a 2nd bedroom.



I think a closet can go against this wall with space for hanging stuff to the right and shelves/drawers to the left thus eliminating the need for a dresser. Bed will be up against the opposite wall. I hope to have frosted glass doors that open out into the living space since right now there is no natural light in this space. Eventually (when the inevitable roof repairs are necessary) I will add skylights to this room.

No comments: