Sunday, August 16, 2009

Remodel - Day 1

What a difference a day makes. The wall is down and I have a much better idea of the true size of this space. It will still be a very tight fit for a queen bed (hopeful end result after phase II of the project but I have lots of time to figure that out. At the end of phase I, I will probably just put the desk in there facing out to the living space, the rocker with small table and the bookshelf.

My biggest concern at this point is not finding a match for the wood in the living area. Freddy has brought a few samples over but they are more burreled oak which is goregeos and matches most of my antique pieces. The floor in the living space is more honey colored.

I did see a beautiful white floored room in a magazine which would be perfect for the beachy feeling I want in there but without the door between the two rooms, that would not look good.

I know, at some point I have to stop looking and just decide.


No comments: